Introducing Lenawee Christian Academy
Lenawee Christian Academy (LCA) is an innovative and engaging online middle school for students in grades six through eight. Our aim is for students to belong, grow, and succeed during these mysterious and wonderful years. Through our proven curriculum, parent partnerships, tailored education plans, learning flexibility, and a Christ-centered, nondenominational approach, we provide a complete education solution that delivers adventure to learners and peace to parents.
Where is Lenawee Christian Academy?
LCA is the online sister school of one of America’s great Christian schools, Lenawee Christian School (LCS). Since 1977, LCS has been serving students from all over the globe through their focus on academic excellence, spiritual formation, and an amazing variety of opportunities outside the classroom. The LCS approach has consistently provided the preparation needed for students to find success in standardized tests, university studies, and career opportunities. The alumni of LCS are influencing all parts of the world in ministry, art, medicine, education, law, manufacturing, leadership, and so much more. For more than a decade, LCS’ students have been engaged in a variety of online learning experiences, paving the way for the online learning that Lenawee Christian Academy now provides.
The campus of Lenawee Christian Academy, Lenawee Christian School, and Christian Family Centre.
What We Believe
Lenawee Christian Academy is a non-denominational, private learning institution committed to the historic Christian perspective of life as set forth in the Bible. We recognize God as the Creator of all things, the Son of God as Savior of all who believe in Him, and the Holy Spirit as the Comforter and Convictor of all who believe in Him.
LCA is committed to biblical Christian education and to the literal, grammatical, historical interpretation of the Word of God on which the following statement of faith is based:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33), in His virgin birth (Luke 1:35), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), in His miracles (John 2:11), in His vicarious and atoning death (Ephesians 1:7), in His resurrection (John 11:25), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and in His personal return in power and glory. (Revelation 19:11)
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (John 3:16-19)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Galatians 3:26-28)
In 1977, Orville and Ruth Merillat founded a Christian school as a way of giving back to the community that supported them and their kitchen cabinet business, Merillat Cabinetry, so well. Their desire was to prepare students spiritually and academically while working in partnership with their families and churches. Their belief was that a good education will produce active and strong leaders in our families, communities, ministries, governments, and businesses.
In the mid-1980’s, after seeing consistent growth in the school, the Merillat family purchased a 75-acre farm on the corner of Wolf Creek Highway and U.S. 223 on the west side of Adrian, Michigan. Their desire was to provide a Christian education that would serve the spiritual needs of students from many area churches, as a non-denominational school. That new campus, called Lenawee Christian School (LCS), opened in October of 1986. LCS now serves approximately 600 students from over 80 churches because of the Merillat’s deep love for the Lord and a desire for students to have a world-class Christian education.
For more than ten years, LCS tested and implemented several forms of online coursework, systems, and technologies. In 2019, a plan was approved by LCS’s parent organization, Lenawee Christian Ministries, to launch an online school to serve students from all parts of the globe using the time-tested curriculum developed at LCS. The new online entity, Lenawee Christian Academy (LCA), was built using LCS’s foundational spiritual and academic principles and the latest technological tools, software, and systems.
Today, Lenawee Christian Academy is positioned to serve students from all across the United States and the world. We are excited to see how God will use LCA to build the Kingdom of God through His work in the lives of our students, families, and our team as, together, we write the next chapter in our storied history.
Board of Directors
Dr. Jim Colman
CEO, Lenawee Christian Ministries
Dr. Jeff Docking
President, Adrian College
Retired CEO, Merillat Cabinetry