New to Online School/Homeschooling?
Are you new to online school at home? Are you considering all the pros and cons? At Lenawee Christian Academy, we understand how overwhelming this process can be and can show you how easy and wonderful schooling at home can be for you and your child.
Here is a list of the most common questions parents have…
- What are the homeschool laws in your state?
- What do these terms mean… an umbrella school? A tutorial?
- What are the qualifications I need to have to lead a homeschool?
- How do I figure out my child’s learning style?
- How to select curriculum?
- How do we work through the “deschooling” process?
- How will my child socialize as a homeschool student?
- How do I get started with a middle schooler?
We have wonderful news! We are here to help you along this journey. With the support of LCA, together we can lay down the path for successful homeschooling for your whole family. We know what you are thinking…”I feel so overwhelmed, maybe even a bit crazy. Can I really do this?” Please contact us today!
Hello Homeschool Veteran! How can we help you?
Homeschooling is in your blood, it’s what you do. Now, like many families, you are looking for that “something.” Are you trying to keep your middle schooler engaged? Enhance learning at home? Maybe seeking more independence, more challenge, or more flexibility? What ever the case may be, Lenawee Christian Academy is here to partner with you as you write the next chapter in your homeschool story.
Helpful Information About Lenawee Christian Academy:
- We meet all homeschooling requirements for over 80% of the United States.
- Our tool “mySequence” allows you to create and customize your own scope and sequence for each LCA student.
- We provide a virtual community like no other.
- Our learning adventure system appeals to students with various learning styles and preferences.
- Our asynchronous content delivery means that you have the flexibility to control when your student is “in school.”
- Our teachers/educational guides are available to support your child throughout the learning adventure.
- Our support team consists of veteran homeschool families who provide tips to improve your journey and our services.
Ready to see how LCA can enhance your homeschooling world? Please contact us today!
Schooling at Home and Your State's Laws
Each state has its own set of requirements to be able to homeschool your children. This means as a parent/guardian, you have a set of rules and regulations you must follow to successfully provide instruction for your child(ren) in your home rather than a traditional school setting. LCA monitors and understands homeschool laws and regulations across America to be able to help you meet the requirements of your state.
In many states, you choose one of three paths when joining the LCA community; Private School, Umbrella School, or Homeschool Tutorial. During the registration process, you will work with our Admission Department to see what option works best for your situation. You can also find more information from our friends at the Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA).
- Private School: A private school relationship with Lenawee Christian School means that you, as a parent, are partnering with LCA to provide the educational content and services needed to guide your child through their current academic year. Our parent partners serve as the encouragers to your child, and providing valuable insight to us so that we can effectively reach your child’s learning needs.
- Umbrella School: An umbrella school relationship with Lenawee Christian Academy means that you entrust LCA with meeting the requirements of your state and/or local school district, along with any record keeping needed by the governing authorities in your area. Parents/guardians are still responsible for completing all forms and required documentation deadlines in their state. Being enrolled as a student at LCA is required and LCA provides all of the tools needed to help your student learn and grow each school year in which they are enrolled. As an umbrella school, we also provide legal counsel and protection for decisions the programs and services we provide, should your state question the effectiveness or legality of your homeschool.
- Homeschool Tutorial: A tutorial relationship means that you entrust us to teach one or more individual courses to your child as a portion of, but not their entire, homeschool coursework.